Cancan1 (kan;[unstressed]kən),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. can, 2nd can or ([Archaic]) canst, 3rd can, pres. pl. can* past sing. 1st pers. could, 2nd could or ([Archaic]) couldst, 3rd could, past pl. could. For auxiliary v.: imperative, infinitive, and participles lacking. For v. (Obs.): imperativecan;
past part. could;
- to be able to;
have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
- to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.
- to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
- to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.
have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?
- to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.
- [Obs.]to know.
the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Washwash (wosh, wôsh),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to apply water or some other liquid to (something or someone) for the purpose of cleansing;
cleanse by dipping, rubbing, or scrubbing in water or some other liquid.
- to remove (dirt, stains, paint, or any matter) by or as by the action of water (usually fol. by out, off, etc.): to wash grime out of clothing.
- to free from spiritual defilement or from sin, guilt, etc.: to be washed whiter than the snow.
- to bathe, wet, or moisten with water or other liquid: a meadow newly washed with morning dew.
- to flow through, over, or against: a shore or cliff washed by waves.
- to carry, bring, remove, or deposit (something) by means of water or any liquid, or as the water or liquid does (often fol. by up, down, or along): The storm washed the boat up on the shore. A sailor was washed overboard.
- to wear or diminish, as water does by flowing over or against a surface (often fol. by out or away): The rain had washed away the lettering on the stone.
- (of water) to form by flowing over and eroding a surface: The flood had washed a new channel through the bottom lands.
- to subject (earth or ore) to the action or force of water in order to separate valuable material.
- to separate (valuable material) in this way.
- to purify (a gas or gaseous mixture) by passage through or over a liquid.
- to cover with a watery or thin coat of color.
- to overlay with a thin coat or deposit of metal: to wash brass with gold.
- launder (def. 3).
- to wash oneself: After using the insecticide spray they washed completely.
- to wash clothes: Monday is the day we wash.
- to cleanse anything with or in water or other liquid.
- to undergo washing without injury, esp. shrinking or fading: fabrics guaranteed to wash.
- to be found true, valid, or real when tested or closely scrutinized;
stand being put to the proof: His honesty won't wash.
- to be carried or driven by water (often fol. by along or ashore): The boat had washed ashore in the night.
- to flow or beat with a lapping sound, as waves on a shore.
- to move along in or as in waves, or with a rushing movement, as water.
- to be eroded, as by a stream or by rainfall: a hillside that washes frequently.
- to be removed by the action of water (often fol. by away): Much of the topsoil washes away each spring.
- wash down:
- to clean completely by washing: to wash down a car.
- to facilitate the swallowing of (food or medicine) by drinking water or other liquid: to wash down a meal with a glass of wine.
- wash one's hands of. See hand (def. 75).
- wash out:
- to be removed by washing: The stain wouldn't wash out.
- to damage or demolish by the action of water: The embankment was washed out by the storm.
- to fail to qualify or continue;
be eliminated: to wash out of graduate school.
- to become dim, indistinct, or blurred: The face of the watch washes out in sunlight.
- wash up:
- to wash one's face and hands: Aren't you going to wash up? Dinner is almost ready.
- to wash (dishes, flatware, pots, etc.): I'll wash up the dishes, don't bother. We had someone in to wash up after the party.
- to end, esp. ignominiously (usually in the passive): After that performance, he's all washed up as a singer.
- the act or process of washing with water or other liquid: to give the car a wash.
- a quantity of clothes, linens, etc., washed, or to be washed, at one time: a heavy wash.
- a liquid with which something is washed, wetted, colored, overspread, etc.: She gave the room a wash of pale blue.
- the flow, sweep, dash, or breaking of water: The wash of the waves had drenched us.
- the sound made by this: listening to the wash of the Atlantic.
- water moving along in waves or with a rushing movement: the wash of the incoming tide.
- the rough or broken water left behind a moving ship, boat, etc.;
wake: The little boats tossed about in the wash from the liner's propellers.
- the disturbance in the air left behind by a moving airplane or any of its parts: wing wash.
- any of various liquids for grooming or cosmetic purposes: a hair wash.
- a lotion or other liquid having medicinal properties, as an antiseptic solution or the like (often used in combination): to apply wash to a skinned knee; mouthwash; eyewash.
- minerals from which valuable material can be extracted by washing.
- the wearing away of the shore by breaking waves.
- a tract of land washed by the action of the sea or a river.
- a marsh, fen, or bog.
- a small stream or shallow pool.
- a shallow arm of the sea or a shallow part of a river.
- a depression or channel formed by flowing water.
- alluvial matter transferred and deposited by flowing water.
- Also called dry wash. [Western U.S.]the dry bed of an intermittent stream.
- a broad, thin layer of color applied by a continuous movement of the brush, as in water-color painting.
- Also called watershed, weathering.
- an upper surface so inclined as to shed rain water from a building.
- any member of a building having such a surface.
- Also, washing. a thin coat of metal applied in liquid form: a gold wash.
- waste liquid matter, refuse, food, etc., from the kitchen, as for hogs;
swill (often used in combination): hogwash.
- washy or weak liquor or liquid food.
- the fermented wort from which the spirit is extracted in distilling.
- an action that yields neither gain nor loss: The company's financial position is a wash compared with last year.
- come out in the wash:
- to have a good or satisfactory result;
turn out eventually: The situation may look hopeless now, but it will all come out in the wash.
- to be revealed;
- capable of being washed without shrinking, fading, etc.;
washable: a wash dress.
Couchcouch (kouch or, for 6, 15, ko̅o̅ch),USA pronunciation n.
- a piece of furniture for seating from two to four people, typically in the form of a bench with a back, sometimes having an armrest at one or each end, and partly or wholly upholstered and often fitted with springs, tailored cushions, skirts, etc.;
- a similar article of furniture, with a headrest at one end, on which some patients of psychiatrists or psychoanalysts lie while undergoing treatment.
- a bed or other place of rest;
any place used for repose.
- the lair of a wild beast.
- [Brewing.]the frame on which barley is spread to be malted.
- [Papermaking.]the board or felt blanket on which wet pulp is laid for drying into paper sheets.
- a primer coat or layer, as of paint.
- on the couch, [Informal.]undergoing psychiatric or psychoanalytic treatment.
- to arrange or frame (words, a sentence, etc.);
put into words;
express: a simple request couched in respectful language.
- to express indirectly or obscurely: the threat couched under his polite speech.
- to lower or bend down, as the head.
- to lower (a spear, lance, etc.) to a horizontal position, as for attack.
- to put or lay down, as for rest or sleep;
cause to lie down.
- to lay or spread flat.
- [Papermaking.]to transfer (a sheet of pulp) from the wire to the couch.
- to embroider by couching.
- [Archaic.]to hide;
- to lie at rest or asleep;
- to crouch;
- to lie in ambush or in hiding;
- to lie in a heap for decomposition or fermentation, as leaves.
Cushioncush•ion (kŏŏsh′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a soft bag of cloth, leather, or rubber, filled with feathers, air, foam rubber, etc., on which to sit, kneel, or lie.
- anything similar in form, used to dampen shocks or to prevent excessive pressure or chafing.
- something to absorb or counteract a shock, jar, or jolt, as a body of air or steam.
- something that lessens the effects of hardship, distress, or the like: His inheritance was a cushion against unemployment.
- any part or structure resembling a cushion.
- the resilient raised rim encircling the top of a billiard table.
- a pad worn under the hair by women.
- a portion of a radio or television script that can be adjusted in length or cut out altogether in order to end the program on time.
- [Ice Hockey, Canadian.]the iced surface of a rink.
- a pillow used in lacemaking.
- a leather pad on which gold leaf is placed preparatory to gilding.
- to place on or support by a cushion.
- to furnish with a cushion or cushions.
- to cover or conceal with, or as if with, a cushion.
- to lessen or soften the effects of: to cushion the blow to his pride.
- to suppress (complaints, lamentations, etc.) by quietly ignoring.
- to check the motion of (a piston or the like) by a cushion, as of steam.
- to form (steam or the like) into a cushion.
Coverscov•er (kuv′ər),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to be or serve as a covering for;
rest on the surface of: Snow covered the fields.
- to place something over or upon, as for protection, concealment, or warmth.
- to provide with a covering or top: Cover the pot with a lid.
- to protect or conceal (the body, head, etc.) with clothes, a hat, etc;
- to bring upon (oneself ): He covered himself with glory by his exploits.
- to hide from view;
- to spread on or over;
apply to: to cover bread with honey.
- to put all over the surface of: to cover a wall with paint.
- to include, deal with, or provide for;
address: The rules cover working conditions.
- to suffice to defray or meet (a charge, expense, etc.): Ten dollars should cover my expenses.
- to offset (an outlay, loss, liability, etc.).
- to achieve in distance traversed;
pass or travel over: We covered 600 miles a day on our trip.
- to act as a reporter or reviewer of (an event, a field of interest, a performance, etc.);
have as an assignment: She covers sports for the paper.
- to publish or broadcast a report or reports of (a news item, a series of related events, etc.): The press covered the trial in great detail.
- to pass or rise over and surmount or envelop: The river covered the town during the flood.
- [Insurance.]to insure against risk or loss.
- to shelter;
serve as a defense for.
- to be in line with by occupying a position directly before or behind.
- to protect (a soldier, force, or military position) during an expected period of ground combat by taking a position from which any hostile troops can be fired upon.
- to take temporary charge of or responsibility for in place of another: Please cover my phone while I'm out to lunch.
- to extend over;
comprise: The book covers 18th-century England.
- to be assigned to or responsible for, as a territory or field of endeavor: We have two sales representatives covering the Southwest.
- to aim at, as with a pistol.
- to have within range, as a fortress does adjacent territory.
- to play a card higher than (the one led or previously played in the round).
- to deposit the equivalent of (money deposited), as in wagering.
- to accept the conditions of (a bet, wager, etc.).
- (in short selling) to purchase securities or commodities in order to deliver them to the broker from whom they were borrowed.
- [Baseball.]to take a position close to or at (a base) so as to catch a ball thrown to the base: The shortstop covered second on the attempted steal.
- to guard (an opponent on offense) so as to prevent him or her from scoring or carrying out his or her assignment: to cover a potential pass receiver.
- (esp. of a male animal) to copulate with.
- (of a hen) to brood or sit on (eggs or chicks).
- [Informal.]to serve as a substitute for someone who is absent: We cover for the receptionist during lunch hour.
- to hide the wrongful or embarrassing action of another by providing an alibi or acting in the other's place: They covered for him when he missed roll call.
- to play a card higher than the one led or previously played in the round: She led the eight and I covered with the jack.
- to spread over an area or surface, esp. for the purpose of obscuring an existing covering or of achieving a desired thickness and evenness: This paint is much too thin to cover.
- cover one's ass, Slang (vulgar). to take measures that will prevent one from suffering blame, loss, harm, etc.
- cover up:
- to cover completely;
- to keep secret;
conceal: She tried to cover up her part in the plot.
- something that covers, as the lid of a container or the binding of a book.
- a blanket, quilt, or the like: Put another cover on the bed.
- anything that veils, screens, or shuts from sight: under cover of darkness.
- woods, underbrush, etc., serving to shelter and conceal wild animals or game;
- vegetation that serves to protect or conceal animals, such as birds, from excessive sunlight, from drying, or from predators.
- a set of eating utensils and the like, as plate, knife, fork, and napkin, placed for each person at a table.
- an assumed identity, occupation, or business that masks the true or real one: His job at the embassy was a cover for his work as a spy.
- a covering of snow, esp. when suitable for skiing.
- a pretense;
- a person who substitutes for another or stands ready to substitute if needed: She was hired as a cover for six roles at the opera house.
- See cover charge.
- an envelope or outer wrapping for mail.
- a letter folded so that the address may be placed on the outside and the missive mailed.
- [Finance.]funds to cover liability or secure against risk of loss.
- See cover version.
- Also called covering. a collection of sets having the property that a given set is contained in the union of the sets in the collection.
- blow one's cover, to divulge one's secret identity, esp. inadvertently: The TV news story blew his carefully fabricated cover.
- break cover, to emerge, esp. suddenly, from a place of concealment: The fox broke cover and the chase was on.
- take cover, to seek shelter or safety: The hikers took cover in a deserted cabin to escape the sudden storm.
- under cover:
secretly: Arrangements for the escape were made under cover.
- within an envelope: The report will be mailed to you under separate cover.
Howdy , this picture is about Can I Wash Microsuede Couch Cushion Covers #2 551 East - Blogger. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1472 x 979. It's file size is just 183 KB. Wether You ought to download This blog post to Your PC, you might Click here. You also too download more images by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Can I Wash Microsuede Couch Cushion Covers.
Everyone understands that coloring is one to make a layout that is beautiful room of the most important factors. Coloring can be an indispensable portion for decorating remodeling or generating styles, therefore selecting the most appropriate colors has to be considered. As mentioned in the previous post, the colour could push influence on feeling, belief and discussion.
In deciding on the best coloring for your household bedrooms, therefore, you must pay particular consideration. The bedroom is just an area where we sleep, a sanctuary where we sleep whenever we are ill, or perhaps once we are exhausted, tired of the daily schedule. The bed room will be the spot wherever we wished remain quiet, study a favorite novel or just to be alone. Suites should be a spot that will create us feel relaxed.
This color is really mixes properly using the color palate and accessories utilized in this bedroom develop bedroom design with color choices above can help you evaluate your own property on the color scheme that is most comfy for you.The bedrooms are properly designed first of selecting the most appropriate coloring.
When used with all the ideal highlight colors like shades of silver, light-blue green, Can I Wash Microsuede Couch Cushion Covers #2 551 East - Blogger might be great colors for that room. Gleaming components tranquil and could make your room more stunning. It is using orange coloring is the best coloring for your bedroom and was spot on, not comforting although too vibrant.
Picking a color scheme that you allow you to feel not many uncomfortable and like may be the most critical issue that you should contemplate. Don't forget to ensure that whichever color combination you decide on must correspond to every depth inside your bedroom.
Because of the need for the function of the sack, we want to discuss the top bedroom designs. We should choose color and the style that will produce us achieve reassurance and comfort. A room design that may inspire peace in a chaotic time. You'll discover having an area with Can I Wash Microsuede Couch Cushion Covers shade that is great could be a luxury by itself.