Lovely Car Play Mats For Toddlers #4 Little Ladybird: Make Your Own Kid's Car Mat. It's So Easy And Cheap!! | Road Work Ahead (Song) | Pinterest | Kids S, Cars And Easy
8 pictures of Lovely Car Play Mats For Toddlers #4 Little Ladybird: Make Your Own Kid's Car Mat. It's So Easy And Cheap!! | Road Work Ahead (Song) | Pinterest | Kids S, Cars And Easy
Carcar1 (kär),USA pronunciation n.
- an automobile.
- a vehicle running on rails, as a streetcar or railroad car.
- the part of an elevator, balloon, modern airship, etc., that carries the passengers, freight, etc.
- any wheeled vehicle, as a farm cart or wagon.
- [Literary.]a chariot, as of war or triumph.
Playplay (plā),USA pronunciation n.
- a dramatic composition or piece;
- a dramatic performance, as on the stage.
- exercise or activity for amusement or recreation.
- fun or jest, as opposed to seriousness: I said it merely in play.
- a pun.
- the playing, action, or conduct of a game: The pitcher was replaced in the fourth inning of play.
- the manner or style of playing or of doing something: We admired his fine play throughout the game.
- an act or instance of playing or of doing something: a stupid play that cost us the match.
- one's turn to play: Whose play is it?
- a playing for stakes;
- an attempt to accomplish something, often in a manner showing craft or calculation;
maneuver: They tried to buy up the stock in a takeover play.
- an enterprise or venture;
deal: an oil and drilling play.
- action, conduct, or dealing of a specified kind: fair play; foul play.
- action, activity, or operation: the play of fancy.
- brisk, light, or changing movement or action: a fountain with a leaping play of water.
- elusive change or movement, as of light or colors: the play of a searchlight against the night sky.
- a space in which something, as a part of a mechanism, can move.
- freedom of movement within a space, as of a part of a mechanism.
- freedom for action, or scope for activity: full play of the mind.
- attention in the press or other media;
dissemination as news: The birth of the panda got a big play in the papers.
- an act or instance of being broadcast: The governor's speech got two plays on our local station.
- bring into play, to put into motion;
cause to be introduced: New evidence has been brought into play in this trial.
- in or out of play, in or not in the state of being played during a game: The umpire says the ball was not in play.
- make a play for, [Informal.]
- to try to attract, esp. sexually: He made a play for his friend's girlfriend.
- to attempt to gain by impressing favorably: This ad will make a play for new consumer markets.
- to act the part of (a person or character) in a dramatic performance;
portray: to play Lady Macbeth.
- to perform (a drama, pantomime, etc.) on or as if on the stage.
- to act or sustain (a part) in a dramatic performance or in real life: to play the role of benefactor.
- to act the part or character of in real life: to play the fool; to play God.
- to give performances in, as a theatrical company does: to play the larger cities.
- to engage in (a game, pastime, etc.).
- to contend against in a game.
- to function or perform as (a specified player) in a game or competition: He usually plays left end.
- to employ (a piece of equipment, a player, etc.) in a game: I played my highest card.
- to use as if in playing a game, as for one's own advantage: He played his brothers against each other.
- to stake or wager, as in a game.
- to lay a wager or wagers on (something).
- to represent or imitate, as for recreation or in jest: to play cowboys and Indians.
- to perform on (a musical instrument).
- to perform (music) on an instrument.
- to cause (a phonograph, radio, recording, etc.) to produce sound or pictures: to play a tape; to play the radio.
- to do or perform: You shouldn't play tricks. Compromise plays an important part in marriage.
- to carry or put into operation;
act upon: to play a hunch.
- to cause to move or change lightly or quickly: to play colored lights on a fountain.
- to operate or cause to operate, esp. continuously or with repeated action: to play a hose on a fire.
- to allow (a hooked fish) to exhaust itself by pulling on the line.
- to display or feature (a news story, photograph, etc.), esp. prominently: Play the flood photos on page one.
- to exploit or trade in (an investment, business opportunity, stock, etc.).
- to exercise or employ oneself in diversion, amusement, or recreation.
- to do something in sport that is not to be taken seriously.
- to amuse oneself;
trifle (often fol. by with).
- to take part or engage in a game.
- to take part in a game for stakes;
- to conduct oneself or act in a specified way: to play fair.
- to act on or as if on the stage;
- to perform on a musical instrument.
- (of an instrument or music) to sound in performance: The strings are playing well this evening.
- (of a phonograph, radio, recording, etc.) to give forth sound: The radio played all night.
- to be performed or shown: What's playing at the movie theater around the corner?
- to be capable of or suitable for performance, as a television or dramatic script: We hope this scene will play well.
- [Informal.]to be accepted or effective;
fare: How will the senator's proposal play with the public?
- to move freely within a space, as a part of a mechanism.
- to move about lightly or quickly: The water of the fountain played in the air.
- to present the effect of such motion, as light or the changing colors of an iridescent substance: The lights played strangely over the faces of the actors.
- to operate continuously or with repeated action.
- [Informal.]to comply or cooperate: They wanted her to tell them what she knew about the plans, but she refused to play.
- come to play, [Informal.]to be disposed to play or participate in a manner reflecting a determination to win or succeed: We're a small new business, but we came to play.
- play along:
- to cooperate or concur;
- to pretend to cooperate or concur.
- play around, [Informal.]
- to behave in a playful or frivolous manner;
- to be sexually promiscuous.
- to be sexually unfaithful.
- play at:
- to pretend interest in: It's obvious that you're just playing at fishing for my sake.
- to do something without seriousness: He is merely playing at being a student.
- play back, to play (a recording, esp. one newly made): Play it back and let's hear how I sound.
- play ball. See ball 1 (def. 17).
- play both ends against the middle, to maneuver opposing groups in order to benefit oneself.
- play by ear, to play (music or a musical instrument) without printed music, as by memory of what one has heard or by unschooled musical instinct.
- play down, to treat as of little importance;
belittle: He has consistently played down his own part in the successful enterprise.
- played out:
- out of fashion;
hackneyed: New styles in clothing are soon played out in New York.
- used up;
finished: The original tires were played out and had to be replaced.
- play fast and loose, to act in an irresponsible or inconsiderate manner, esp. to employ deception to gain one's ends: to play fast and loose with someone's affections.
- play for time, to prolong something in order to gain an advantage;
forestall an event or decision: Their maneuvering at the conference was obviously calculated to play for time.
- play hardball. See hardball (def. 2).
- play into the hands of, to act in such a way as to give an advantage to (someone, esp. an opponent): If you lose your temper when he insults you, you will be playing right into his hands.Also, play into (someone's) hands.
- play it by ear, to improvise, esp. in a challenging situation when confronted by unknown factors: If you can't come up with a plan, we'll just have to play it by ear.
- play off:
- [Sports.]to play an extra game or round in order to settle a tie.
- [Sports.]to engage in an elimination game or games after the regular season is over in order to determine the champion.
- to set (one person or thing) against another, usually for one's own gain or advantage: The children could usually get what they wanted by playing one parent off against the other.
- play one's cards. See card 1 (def. 17).
- play on or upon, to exploit, as the feelings or weaknesses of another;
take selfish advantage of: She would never think of playing on the good nature of others.
- play out:
- to bring to an end;
- to use up;
exhaust: to play out one's supplies.
- to reel or pay out, as a rope, line, etc.
- play politics. See politics (def. 8).
- play possum. See possum (def. 2).
- play second fiddle. See second fiddle (def. 1).
- play the field. See field (def. 26).
- play the game. See game 1 (def. 18).
- play up, to emphasize the importance of;
highlight or publicize: The schools are playing up their science programs.
- play up to, [Informal.]to attempt to impress in order to gain someone's favor: Students who too obviously play up to their teachers are usually disliked by their classmates.
- play with a full deck. See deck (def. 19).
- play with fire. See fire (def. 27).
- play with oneself, [Informal.]to masturbate.
MatsMATS (mats),USA pronunciation n.
- Military Air Transport Service.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Toddlerstod•dler (tod′lər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who toddles, esp. a young child learning to walk.
Littlelit•tle (lit′l),USA pronunciation adj., lit•tler or less or less•er, lit•tlest or least, adv., less, least, n.
- small in size; not big;
tiny: a little desk in the corner of the room.
- short in duration;
brief: a little while.
- small in number: a little group of scientists.
- small in amount or degree;
not much: little hope.
- of a certain amount;
appreciable (usually prec. by a): We're having a little difficulty.
- being such on a small scale: little farmers.
- younger or youngest: He's my little brother.
- not strong, forceful, or loud;
weak: a little voice.
- small in consideration, importance, position, affluence, etc.: little discomforts; tax reductions to help the little fellow.
- mean, narrow, or illiberal: a little mind.
- endearingly small or considered as such: Bless your little heart!
- amusingly small or so considered: a funny little way of laughing.
- contemptibly small, petty, mean, etc., or so considered: filthy little political tricks.
- not at all (used before a verb): He little knows what awaits him.
- in only a small amount or degree;
slightly: a little known work of art; little better than a previous effort.
infrequently: We see each other very little.
- a small amount, quantity, or degree: They did little to make him comfortable. If you want some ice cream, there's a little in the refrigerator.
- a short distance: It's down the road a little.
- a short time: Stay here for a little.
- in little, on a small scale;
in miniature: a replica in little of Independence Hall.
- little by little, by small degrees;
gradually: The water level rose little by little.
- make little of:
- belittle: to make little of one's troubles.
- to understand or interpret only slightly: Scholars made little of the newly discovered text.
- not a little, to a great extent;
considerably: It tired me not a little to stand for three hours.
- think little of, to treat casually;
regard as trivial: They think little of driving 50 miles to see a movie.
Makemake1 (māk),USA pronunciation v., made, mak•ing, n.
- to bring into existence by shaping or changing material, combining parts, etc.: to make a dress; to make a channel; to make a work of art.
- to produce;
cause to exist or happen;
bring about: to make trouble; to make war.
- to cause to be or become;
render: to make someone happy.
- to appoint or name: The President made her his special envoy.
- to put in the proper condition or state, as for use;
prepare: to make a bed; to make dinner.
- to bring into a certain form: to make bricks out of clay.
- to convert from one state, condition, category, etc., to another: to make a virtue of one's vices.
- to cause, induce, or compel: to make a horse jump a barrier.
- to give rise to;
occasion: It's not worth making a fuss over such a trifle.
- to produce, earn, or win for oneself: to make a good salary; to make one's fortune in oil.
- to write or compose: to make a short poem for the occasion.
- to draw up, as a legal document;
draft: to make a will.
- to do;
effect: to make a bargain.
- to establish or enact;
put into existence: to make laws.
- to become by development;
prove to be: You'll make a good lawyer.
- to form in the mind, as a judgment or estimate: to make a decision.
- to judge or interpret, as to the truth, nature, meaning, etc. (often fol. by of ): What do you make of it?
- to estimate;
reckon: to make the distance at ten miles.
- to bring together separate parts so as to produce a whole;
form: to make a matched set.
- to amount to;
bring up the total to: Two plus two makes four. That makes an even dozen.
- to serve as: to make good reading.
- to be sufficient to constitute: One story does not make a writer.
- to be adequate or suitable for: This wool will make a warm sweater.
- to assure the success or fortune of: a deal that could make or break him; Seeing her made my day.
- to deliver, utter, or put forth: to make a stirring speech.
- to go or travel at a particular speed: to make 60 miles an hour.
- to arrive at or reach;
attain: The ship made port on Friday. Do you think he'll make 80?
- to arrive in time for: to make the first show.
- to arrive in time to be a passenger on (a plane, boat, bus, train, etc.): If you hurry, you can make the next flight.
- to gain or acquire a position within: He made the big time.
- to receive mention or appear in or on: The robbery made the front page.
- to gain recognition or honor by winning a place or being chosen for inclusion in or on: The novel made the bestseller list. He made the all-American team three years in a row.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to name (the trump).
- to take a trick with (a card).
- [Bridge.]to fulfill or achieve (a contract or bid).
- to shuffle (the cards).
- to earn, as a score: The team made 40 points in the first half.
- (esp. in police and underworld use)
- to recognize or identify: Any cop in town will make you as soon as you walk down the street.
- to charge or cause to be charged with a crime: The police expect to make a couple of suspects soon.
- to close (an electric circuit).
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]to plant and cultivate or produce (a crop): He makes some of the best corn in the country.
- to cause oneself, or something understood, to be as specified: to make sure.
- to show oneself to be or seem in action or behavior (usually fol. by an adjective): to make merry.
- to be made, as specified: This fabric makes up into beautiful drapes.
- to move or proceed in a particular direction: They made after the thief.
- to rise, as the tide or water in a ship.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of a crop) to grow, develop, or mature: It looks like the corn's going to make pretty good this year.
- make a play for, to try to get: He made a play for his brother's girlfriend. They made a play for control of the company's stock.
- make as if or as though, [Informal.]to act as if;
pretend: We will make as if to leave, then come back and surprise him.
- make away with:
- to steal: The clerk made away with the cash and checks.
- to destroy;
kill: He made away with his enemies.
- to get rid of.
- to consume, drink, or eat completely: The boys made away with the contents of the refrigerator.
- make believe, to pretend;
imagine: The little girl dressed in a sheet and made believe she was a ghost.
- make bold or so bold, to have the temerity;
be so rash;
dare: May I make so bold as to suggest that you stand when they enter?
- make book, [Slang.]
- to take bets and give odds.
- to make a business of this.
- make colors, to hoist an ensign, as on board a warship.
- make do, to function, manage, or operate, usually on a deprivation level with minimal requirements: During the war we had no butter or coffee, so we had to make do without them.
- make down, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to rain or snow: It's making down hard.
- make fast, [Chiefly Naut.]to fasten or secure.
- make for:
- to go toward;
approach: to make for home.
- to lunge at;
- to help to promote or maintain: This incident will not make for better understanding between the warring factions.
- make good:
- to provide restitution or reparation for: The bank teller made good the shortage and was given a light sentence.
- to succeed: Talent and training are necessary to make good in some fields.
- to fulfill: He made good on his promise.
- [Navig.]to compute (a course) allowing for leeway and compass deviation.
- make heavy weather:
- to roll and pitch in heavy seas.
- to progress laboriously;
struggle, esp. to struggle needlessly: I am making heavy weather with my income tax return.
- make it:
- to achieve a specific goal: to make it to the train; to make it through college.
- to succeed in general: He'll never make it in business.
- to have sexual intercourse.
- make it so, strike the ship's bell accordingly: said by the officer of the watch when the hour is announced.
- make like, [Informal.]to try or pretend to be like;
imitate: I'm going to go out and make like a gardener.
- make off:
- to run away;
depart hastily: The only witness to the accident made off before the police arrived.
- [Naut.]to stand off from a coast, esp. a lee shore.
- make off with, to carry away;
steal: While the family was away, thieves made off with most of their valuables.
- make on, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn on, light, or ignite (esp. a light or fire): Make the light on.
- make one's manners, [Southern U.S.]
- to perform an appropriate or expected social courtesy.
- [Older Use.]to bow or curtsy.
- make out:
- to write out or complete, as a bill or check.
- to establish;
- to decipher;
- to imply, suggest, or impute: He made me out to be a liar.
- to manage;
succeed: How are you making out in your new job?
- to engage in kissing and caressing;
- to have sexual intercourse.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn off or extinguish (esp. a light or fire): Make the light out.
- make over:
- to remodel;
alter: to make over a dress; to make over a page layout.
- to transfer the title of (property);
convey: After she retired she made over her property to her children and moved to Florida.
- make sail, [Naut.]
- to set sails.
- to brace the yards of a ship that has been hove to in order to make headway.
- make shut, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to close: Make the door shut.
- make time. See time (def. 42).
- make up:
- (of parts) to constitute;
- to put together;
- to concoct;
- Also, make up for. to compensate for;
- to complete.
- to put in order;
arrange: The maid will make up the room.
- to conclude;
- to settle amicably, as differences.
- to become reconciled, as after a quarrel.
- [Print.]to arrange set type, illustrations, etc., into columns or pages.
- to dress in appropriate costume and apply cosmetics for a part on the stage.
- to apply cosmetics.
- to adjust or balance, as accounts;
prepare, as statements.
- to repeat (a course or examination that one has failed).
- to take an examination that one had been unable to take when first given, usually because of absence.
- to specify and indicate the layout or arrangement of (columns, pages, etc., of matter to be printed).
- Atlantic States. (of the weather or clouds) to develop or gather: It's making up for a storm.
- Atlantic States. (of the sea) to become turbulent: If the sea makes up, row toward land.
- make up to:
- to try to become friendly with;
- to make advances to;
flirt with: He makes up to every new woman in the office.
- make water:
- to urinate.
- (of a hull) to leak.
- make with:
- to operate;
use: Let's make with the feet.
- to bring about;
provide or produce: He makes with the big ideas, but can't follow through.
- the style or manner in which something is made;
- production with reference to the maker;
brand: our own make.
- the act or process of making.
- quantity made;
- [Cards.]the act of naming the trump, or the suit named as trump.
- [Elect.]the closing of an electric circuit.
- the excellence of a polished diamond with regard to proportion, symmetry, and finish.
- identifying information about a person or thing from police records: He radioed headquarters for a make on the car's license plate.
- on the make:
- seeking to improve one's social or financial position, usually at the expense of others or of principle.
- seeking amorous or sexual relations: The park was swarming with sailors on the make.
- put the make on, [Slang.]to make sexual overtures to.
Youryour (yŏŏr, yôr, yōr; unstressed yər),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.Cf. yours.
- one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
- (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Ownown (ōn),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or belonging to oneself or itself (usually used after a possessive to emphasize the idea of ownership, interest, or relation conveyed by the possessive): He spent only his own money.
- (used as an intensifier to indicate oneself as the sole agent of some activity or action, prec. by a possessive): He insists on being his own doctor.
- come into one's own:
- to take possession of that which is due or owed one.
- to receive the recognition that one's abilities merit: She finally came into her own as a sculptor of the first magnitude.
- get one's own back, to get revenge and thereby a sense of personal satisfaction, as for a slight or a previous setback;
get even with somebody or something: He saw the award as a way of getting his own back for all the snubs by his colleagues.
- hold one's own:
- to maintain one's position or condition: The stock market seems to be holding its own these days.
- to be equal to the opposition: He can hold his own in any fight.
- of one's own, belonging to oneself: She had never had a room of her own.
- on one's own:
- by dint of one's own efforts, resources, or sense of responsibility;
independently: Because she spoke the language, she got around the country very well on her own.
- living or functioning without dependence on others;
independent: My son's been on his own for several years.
- to have or hold as one's own;
possess: They own several homes.
- to acknowledge or admit: to own a fault.
- to acknowledge as one's own;
recognize as having full claim, authority, power, dominion, etc.: He owned his child before the entire assembly. They owned the king as their lord.
- to confess (often fol. by to, up, or up to): The one who did it had better own up. I own to being uncertain about that.
Carcar1 (kär),USA pronunciation n.
- an automobile.
- a vehicle running on rails, as a streetcar or railroad car.
- the part of an elevator, balloon, modern airship, etc., that carries the passengers, freight, etc.
- any wheeled vehicle, as a farm cart or wagon.
- [Literary.]a chariot, as of war or triumph.
Easyeas•y (ē′zē),USA pronunciation adj., eas•i•er, eas•i•est, adv., n.
- not hard or difficult;
requiring no great labor or effort: a book that is easy to read; an easy victory.
- free from pain, discomfort, worry, or care: He led an easy life.
- providing or conducive to ease or comfort;
comfortable: an easy stance; an easy relationship.
- fond of or given to ease;
easygoing: an easy disposition.
- not harsh or strict;
lenient: an easy master.
- not burdensome or oppressive: easy terms on a loan.
- not difficult to influence or overcome;
compliant: an easy prey; an easy mark.
- free from formality, constraint, or embarrassment: He has an easy manner.
- effortlessly clear and fluent: an easy style of writing.
- readily comprehended or mastered: an easy language to learn.
- not tight or constricting: an easy fit.
- not forced or hurried;
moderate: an easy pace.
- not steep;
gradual: an easy flight of stairs.
- (of a commodity) not difficult to obtain;
in plentiful supply and often weak in price.
- (of the market) not characterized by eager demand.
- (of a bilge) formed in a long curve so as to make a gradual transition between the bottom and sides of a vessel;
- (of the run of a hull) having gently curved surfaces leading from the middle body to the stern;
- in an easy manner;
comfortably: to go easy; take it easy.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter E.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Roadroad (rōd),USA pronunciation n.
- a long, narrow stretch with a smoothed or paved surface, made for traveling by motor vehicle, carriage, etc., between two or more points;
street or highway.
- a way or course: the road to peace.
- a railroad.
- Often, roads. Also called roadstead. a partly sheltered area of water near a shore in which vessels may ride at anchor.
- any tunnel in a mine used for hauling.
- burn up the road, [Slang.]to drive or move very fast.
- down the road, in the future: Economists see higher interest rates down the road.
- hit the road, [Slang.]to begin or resume traveling: We hit the road before sunrise.
- one for the road, a final alcoholic drink taken just before departing from a party, tavern, or the like.
- on the road:
- traveling, esp. as a sales representative.
- on tour, as a theatrical company: The musical ends its New York run next week to go on the road.
under way: We need funds to get the project on the road.
- take to the road, to begin a journey or tour. Also, take the road.
- the road, the places, usually outside of New York City, at which theatrical companies on tour generally give performances.
Workwork (wûrk),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., worked or (Archaic except for 35, 37, 40) wrought;
- exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something;
- something on which exertion or labor is expended;
a task or undertaking: The students finished their work in class.
- productive or operative activity.
- employment, as in some form of industry, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: to look for work.
- one's place of employment: Don't phone him at work.
- materials, things, etc., on which one is working or is to work.
- the result of exertion, labor, or activity;
a deed or performance.
- a product of exertion, labor, or activity: musical works.
- an engineering structure, as a building or bridge.
- a building, wall, trench, or the like, constructed or made as a means of fortification.
- (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a place or establishment for manufacturing (often used in combination): ironworks.
- the working parts of a machine: the works of a watch.
- [Theol.]righteous deeds.
- force times the distance through which it acts;
specifically, the transference of energy equal to the product of the component of a force that acts in the direction of the motion of the point of application of the force and the distance through which the point of application moves.
- at work:
- working, as at one's job: He's at work on a new novel.
- in action or operation: to see the machines at work.
- gum up the works, to spoil something, as through blundering or stupidity: The surprise party was all arranged, but her little brother gummed up the works and told her.
- in the works, in preparation or being planned: A musical version of the book is in the works.
- make short work of, to finish or dispose of quickly: We made short work of the chocolate layer cake.
- out of work, unemployed;
jobless: Many people in the area were out of work.
- shoot the works, to spend all one's resources: Let's shoot the works and order the crêpes suzette.
- the works:
all related items or matters: a hamburger with the works.
- harsh or cruel treatment: to give someone the works.
- of, for, or concerning work: work clothes.
- working (def. 18).
- to do work;
- to be employed, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: He hasn't worked for six weeks.
- to be in operation, as a machine.
- to act or operate effectively: The pump will not work. The plan works.
- to attain a specified condition, as by repeated movement: The nails worked loose.
- to have an effect or influence, as on a person or on the mind or feelings of a person.
- to move in agitation, as the features under strong emotion.
- to make way with effort or under stress: The ship works to windward.
- to give slightly at the joints, as a vessel under strain at sea.
- [Mach.]to move improperly, as from defective fitting of parts or from wear.
- to undergo treatment by labor in a given way: This dough works slowly.
- to ferment, as a liquid.
- to use or manage (an apparatus, contrivance, etc.): She can work many business machines.
- to bring about (any result) by or as by work or effort: to work a change.
- to manipulate or treat by labor: to work butter.
- to put into effective operation.
- to operate (a mine, farm, etc.) for productive purposes: to work a coal mine.
- to carry on operations in (a district or region).
- to make, fashion, or execute by work.
- to achieve or win by work or effort: to work one's passage.
- to keep (a person, a horse, etc.) at work: She works her employees hard.
- to influence or persuade, esp. insidiously: to work other people to one's will.
- to exploit (someone or something) to one's advantage: See if you can work your uncle for a new car.He worked his charm in landing a new job.
- to make or decorate by needlework or embroidery: She worked a needlepoint cushion.
- to cause fermentation in.
- work in or into:
- to bring or put in;
add, merge, or blend: The tailor worked in the patch skillfully. Work the cream into the hands until it is completely absorbed.
- to arrange a time or employment for: The dentist was very busy, but said she would be able to work me in late in the afternoon. They worked him into the new operation.
- work off:
- to lose or dispose of, as by exercise or labor: We decided to work off the effects of a heavy supper by walking for an hour.
- to pay or fulfill by working: He worked off his debt by doing odd jobs.
- work on or upon, to exercise influence on;
affect: I'll work on her, and maybe she'll change her mind.
- work out:
- to bring about by work, effort, or action.
- to solve, as a problem.
- to arrive at by or as by calculation.
- to pay (a debt) by working instead of paying money.
- to exhaust, as a mine.
- to issue in a result.
- to evolve;
- to amount to (a total or specified figure);
add up (to): The total works out to 176.
- to prove effective or successful: Their marriage just didn't work out.
- to practice, exercise, or train, esp. in order to become proficient in an athletic sport: The boxers are working out at the gym tonight.
- work over:
- to study or examine thoroughly: For my term paper I worked over 30 volumes of Roman history.
- to beat unsparingly, esp. in order to obtain something or out of revenge: They threatened to work him over until he talked.
- work through, to deal with successfully;
come to terms with: to work through one's feelings of guilt.
- work up:
- to move or stir the feelings;
- to prepare;
elaborate: Work up some plans.
- to increase in efficiency or skill: He worked up his typing speed to 70 words a minute.
- work up to, rise to a higher position;
advance: He worked up to the presidency.
Hi there, this image is about Lovely Car Play Mats For Toddlers #4 Little Ladybird: Make Your Own Kid's Car Mat. It's So Easy And Cheap!! | Road Work Ahead (Song) | Pinterest | Kids S, Cars And Easy. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 640 x 480. This picture's file size is just 98 KB. If You ought to download It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You could also see more images by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: Car Play Mats For Toddlers.
Car Play Mats For Toddlers isn't simply purposeful include your yard, but additionally increase ease. Combining intensive backyard table and a yard can be turned by cozy chairs in to a place dishes. Pick a yard stand smartly by following a ideas mentioned below. It's important to think about the yard search that you would like. Do like a dining area or you simply want to make a spot to relax, you want to utilize?
You'll be able to prolong the life span of the yard desk by stocking them when not inuse, in a location that is protected. You are able to set it while in the cellar or garage when not used. Taking into consideration the quality of the Lovely Car Play Mats For Toddlers #4 Little Ladybird: Make Your Own Kid's Car Mat. It's So Easy And Cheap!! | Road Work Ahead (Song) | Pinterest | Kids S, Cars And Easy that is obtained. Take a peek at the resources used in the produce of backyard table and never centered on cheapness garden stand that is pricey. This guarantees furniture to your backyard will last longer than expected a vegetable that increases segmented, and it has thorns.
Predicated on your preferences, it is possible to consider purchasing a backyard table based around the measurement and design resources. Then you must save money time around the preservation of the stand rather than enjoying your enjoyable moment, if you use a garden desk having its advanced capabilities. You should buy a stand manufactured from material, bamboo or firwood much preservation does not be required by that.