Light Dependent Reaction Definition #1 SlideShare
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Dependentde•pend•ent (di pen′dənt),USA pronunciation adj.
- relying on someone or something else for aid, support, etc.
- conditioned or determined by something else;
contingent: Our trip is dependent on the weather.
subject: a dependent territory.
- not used in isolation;
used only in connection with other forms. In I walked out when the bell rang, when the bell rang is a dependent clause. Cf. independent (def. 14), main 1 (def. 4).
- hanging down;
- (of a variable) having values determined by one or more independent variables.
- (of an equation) having solutions that are identical to those of another equation or to those of a set of equations.
- (of an event or a value) not statistically independent.
Also, dependant. de•pend′ent•ly, adv.
- a person who depends on or needs someone or something for aid, support, favor, etc.
- a child, spouse, parent, or certain other relative to whom one contributes all or a major amount of necessary financial support: She listed two dependents on her income-tax form.
- [Archaic.]a subordinate part.
Reactionre•ac•tion (rē ak′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- a reverse movement or tendency;
an action in a reverse direction or manner.
- movement in the direction of political conservatism or extreme rightism.
- action in response to some influence, event, etc.: the nation's reaction to the President's speech.
- action in response to a stimulus, as of the system or of a nerve, muscle, etc.
- the action caused by the resistance to another action.
- a return to the opposite physical condition, as after shock, exhaustion, or chill.
- [Bacteriol., Immunol.]the specific cellular response to foreign matter, as in testing for allergies.
- the reciprocal action of chemical agents upon each other;
- Also called nuclear reaction. a process in which a nucleus that is bombarded by a photon, particle, or other nucleus, emits a nucleon, alpha particle, or the like, without a significant change in its atomic weight.
- the instantaneous response of a system to an applied force, manifested as the exertion of a force equal in magnitude but opposite in direction to the applied force.
- [Com.]a decline in the market after an advance in prices.
Definitiondef•i•ni•tion (def′ə nish′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.
- the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, etc.
- the condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined.
- sharpness of the image formed by an optical system.
- the accuracy of sound or picture reproduction.
Hi , this post is about Light Dependent Reaction Definition #1 SlideShare. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 597 x 448. This attachment's file size is only 32 KB. Wether You ought to download This picture to Your PC, you can Click here. You also too see more images by clicking the following photo or read more at this post: Light Dependent Reaction Definition.
Light Dependent Reaction Definition #1 SlideShare Collection are not for all, but chances are you really like modern bedrooms, when you have an understanding of the great wrinkles in architecture and art. Today, you probably don't learn how to produce the ideal contemporary room design and you also may think it is something which the custom stars have the effect of, nevertheless, you also can experience your home for it, with a little purchasing carefully.
Oftentimes, you must consider today's bedroom like building your room such as a museum set. The bedroom and bedroom collection that is modern allows a modern art museum to be created by you in your room. Remember, inside the form of contemporary furniture following purpose, the pieces are certainly willing to do their career, but the feeling of the gallery will come in the truth that they lack the design decorations.
the furniture is clean and fresh in-design and rather, the sack packages are modern and is typically a trademark cut that could possibly work with others or endure alone. As this will be the biggest market of your bedroom memorial display you need to begin with the bed, yourself.