Ordinary Martin Plumbing Brooklyn #6 Homepolish Designer Pippa Lee Paired Up With Client Jordan Chouteau To Create An Ultra-cool, Uber-minimalist Oasis Where Jordan And Her Husband Could Take A .
Ordinary Martin Plumbing Brooklyn #6 Homepolish Designer Pippa Lee Paired Up With Client Jordan Chouteau To Create An Ultra-cool, Uber-minimalist Oasis Where Jordan And Her Husband Could Take A . Images Album
Martinmar•tin (mär′tn),USA pronunciation n.
- any of several swallows having a deeply forked tail and long, pointed wings. Cf. house martin, purple martin.
Plumbingplumb•ing (plum′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the system of pipes and other apparatus for conveying water, liquid wastes, etc., as in a building.
- the work or trade of a plumber.
- act of a person who plumbs, as in ascertaining depth.
BrooklynBrook•lyn (brŏŏk′lin),USA pronunciation n.
- a borough of New York City, on W Long Island. 2,230,936; 76.4 sq. mi. (198 sq. km).
- a city in NE Ohio. 12,342.
Designerde•sign•er (di zī′nər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who devises or executes designs, esp. one who creates forms, structures, and patterns, as for works of art or machines.
- a schemer, intriguer, or plotter.
- designed or created by or carrying a label or identification of a designer, esp. a fashion designer, but often mass-produced: designer jeans.
Leelee1 (lē),USA pronunciation n.
- protective shelter: The lee of the rock gave us some protection against the storm.
- the side or part that is sheltered or turned away from the wind: We erected our huts under the lee of the mountain.
- [Chiefly Naut.]the quarter or region toward which the wind blows.
- by the lee, accidentally against what should be the lee side of a sail: Careless steering brought the wind by the lee.
- under the lee, to leeward.
- pertaining to, situated in, or moving toward the lee.
Upup (up),USA pronunciation adv., prep., adj., n., v., upped, up•ping.
- to, toward, or in a more elevated position: to climb up to the top of a ladder.
- to or in an erect position: to stand up.
- out of bed: to get up.
- above the horizon: The moon came up.
- to or at any point that is considered higher.
- to or at a source, origin, center, or the like: to follow a stream up to its source.
- to or at a higher point or degree, as of rank, size, value, pitch, loudness, brightness, maturity, or speed:to move up in a firm;
to pump up a tire;
to turn a lantern up;
Prices are going up. Speak up! Hurry up!
in a leading position in a competition: He managed to get up on his opponent by three points.
- in continuing contact, esp. as reflecting continuing awareness, knowledge, etc.: to keep up with the latest developments in mathematics.
- into or in activity, operation, etc.: to set up vibrations.
- into a state of emotional agitation or distress: His insults left her all roiled up.
- into existence, visible form, etc.: His sample was worked up in the studio.
- into view, prominence, or consideration: The lost papers have turned up.
- into or in a place of safekeeping, storage, retirement, etc.: to lay up riches; to put up preserves.
- into or in a state of union, contraction, etc.: to add up a column of figures; to fold up.
- to the required or final point: to pay up one's debts; burned up.
- to a state of completion;
to an end: She finished it all up.
- to a halt: The riders reined up and dismounted.
- [Baseball.]being the player or team batting;
- (used as a function word for additional emphasis, sometimes prec. by it): Go wake your father up. What plugged it up? We laughed it up.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The golfer was two strokes up on his nearest competitor.
apiece: The score was seven up in the final quarter.
- (of machines or equipment, as computers) working;
in working order or in operation.
- [Informal.]without the addition of ice;
straight up: Bring me a martini, up.
- [Naut.]toward the wind: Put the helm up.
- all up with, at or approaching the end of;
with defeat or ruin imminent for: He realized it was all up with him when the search party began to close in.
- go up in one's lines. See line 1 (def. 58).
- up against, faced or confronted with: They were up against formidable obstacles.
- up against it, in a difficult situation, esp. in financial straits: There was no one to help him when he was up against it.
- up and around, recovered from an illness;
able to leave one's bed. Also, up and about.
- up and down:
- back and forth;
backward and forward: He paced up and down.
- from top to bottom or head to toe: She looked me up and down before replying.
- up for, considered as eligible or as a possibility for (something): The child is up for adoption. Three actresses are up for the role.
- up to:
- as far as or approaching (a certain part, degree, point, etc.): She went wading up to her knees. I am up to the eighth lesson.
- in full realization or attainment of: He worked up to president of the company.
- as many as;
to the limit of: The car will seat up to five persons.
- having adequate powers or ability for;
equal to: He didn't think I was up to the job.
- the duty or responsibility of;
incumbent upon: It's up to you to break the news to him.
- engaged in;
doing: What have you been up to lately?
- to, toward, or at an elevated place on or in: They went up the stairs. The cat is up the tree.
- to, toward, or at a high or higher station, condition, or rank on or in: He is well up the social ladder.
- at or to a farther point or higher place on or in: She is up the street. I'm going up the street.
- toward the source, origin, etc., of: up the stream.
- toward a particular direction or in the interior of, as a region or territory: The explorers were up north.
- in a course or direction that is contrary to that of: to row up the current.
- up your ass, [Slang](vulgar). See shove (def. 6). Also, up yours.
- moving in or related to a direction that is up or is regarded as up: the up elevator; the up train traveling north; the up platform of a railroad station.
aware (usually fol. by on or in): She is always up on current events.
terminated: The game is up. Your hour is up.
- going on or happening;
occurring: What's up over there?
- having a high position or station: He is up in society.
- in an erect, vertical, or raised position: The gate at the railroad crossing is up. The tent is up.
- above the earth or ground: The corn is up and ready to be harvested.
- in the air;
aloft: The meteorological balloons are up. The airplanes are up for their reconnaissance flights.
- (of heavenly bodies) risen above the horizon: The sun is up.
- awake or out of bed: to be up with insomnia.
- mounted on horseback: He knows which jockeys are up in every race.
- (of water in natural bodies) high with relation to the banks or shore: The tide is up.
constructed: The new museum is up and open to the public.
- facing upward: He is resting and his face is up.
- See sunnyside up.
- (of roads, highways, etc.) having the surface broken or removed (usually used in combination): a torn-up road.
- in revolt, mutiny, or rebellious agitation: Many territories were up and preparing to send troops against the government.
- in a state of agitation: Beware of him when his temper is up.
- [Informal.]cheerful or optimistic;
- [Informal.]productive, favorable, or profitable: a string of up months for the company.
- afoot or amiss: Her nervous manner told me that something was up.
- in a state of enthusiastic or confident readiness (usually fol. by for): The team was definitely up for the game.
on the way: She was on a ship up for Australia.
- resolved in an unfavorable or undesired way: They knew that their game was up.
- higher than formerly in cost, amount, degree, etc.: The price of meat was up.
- (of age) advanced (usually fol. by in): He is rather spry for a man so up in years.
- active: The captain wished to set sail as soon as the wind was up.
- in a legal proceeding as defendant: He is up for murder.
- in operation or ready for use: The theater's lights are up.
- (of points or other standards used to determine the winner in a competition) ahead;
in advance: He won the game with two points up over his opponent.
- considered or under consideration: a candidate up for reelection; a bill that is up before Congress.
bet: He won all the money up in the game.
- living or located inland or on elevated ground: They live in a village two miles up from the coast.
- (used with a preceding numeral to indicate that a score is tied in a competition): It was 10 up at the end of the first half.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents: They scored three times in a row to go two up.
- straight up. See straight (def. 38).
- up and doing, [Informal.]actively engaged;
busy: During her convalescence she longed to be up and doing.
- an upward movement;
- a rise of fortune, mood, etc.
- a time of good fortune, prosperity, or happiness: He has had more ups than downs in his career.
- an upbound means of public transportation, as a train or bus.
- [Informal.]a feeling or state of happiness, exuberance, or elation.
- [Slang.]upper (def. 10).
- a person or thing that is in a favorable position of wealth, fortune, etc.: People who were ups in the business world suffered losses in the economic depression.
- an upward slope;
- an upward course or rise, as in price or value: The landlord promised his tenants there would be no further ups in the rent this year.
- on the up and up, [Informal.]frank;
sincere: He seems to be on the up and up.Also, on the up-and-up.
- to put or take up.
- to make larger;
step up: to up output.
- to raise;
go better than (a preceding wager): to up the ante.
- [Informal.]to start up;
begin something abruptly (usually fol. by and and another verb): Then he upped and ran away from home.
- (often used imperatively or hortatively) to rise up: Up, men, and fight until all the enemy are defeated!
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Createcre•ate (krē āt′),USA pronunciation v., -at•ed, -at•ing, adj.
- to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
- to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
- [Theat.]to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
- to make by investing with new rank or by designating;
appoint: to create a peer.
- to be the cause or occasion of;
give rise to: The announcement created confusion.
- to cause to happen;
arrange, as by intention or design: to create a revolution; to create an opportunity to ask for a raise.
- to do something creative or constructive.
- to make a fuss.
Anan1 (ən; when stressed an),USA pronunciation indefinite article.
- the form of a before an initial vowel sound (an arch;
an honor) and sometimes, esp. in British English, before an initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: an historian.
Oasiso•a•sis (ō ā′sis),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ses (-sēz).USA pronunciation
- a small fertile or green area in a desert region, usually having a spring or well.
- something serving as a refuge, relief, or pleasant change from what is usual, annoying, difficult, etc.: The library was an oasis of calm in the hectic city.
Wherewhere (hwâr, wâr),USA pronunciation adv.
- in or at what place?: Where is he? Where do you live?
- in what position or circumstances?: Where do you stand on this question? Without money, where are you?
- in what particular respect, way, etc.?: Where does this affect us?
- to what place, point, or end? whither?: Where are you going?
- from what source? whence?: Where did you get such a notion?
- in or at what place, part, point, etc.: Find where he is. Find where the trouble is.
- in or at the place, part, point, etc., in or at which: The book is where you left it.
- in a position, case, etc., in which: Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
- in any place, position, case, etc., in which;
wherever: Use the ointment where pain is felt.
- to what or whatever place;
to the place or any place to which: I will go where you go.
- in or at which place;
and there: They came to the town, where they lodged for the night.
- where it's at, [Slang.]where the most exciting, prestigious, or profitable activity or circumstance is to be found.
- what place?: Where did you come from?
- the place in which;
point at which: This is where the boat docks. That was where the phone rang.
- a place;
that place in which something is located or occurs: the wheres and hows of job hunting.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Herher (hûr; unstressed hər, ər),USA pronunciation pron.
- the objective case of she: We saw her this morning. Give this book to her.
- the possessive case of she (used as an attributive adjective): Her coat is the one on the chair. I'm sorry about her leaving.Cf. hers.
- the dative case of she: I gave her the book.
- (used instead of the pronoun she in the predicate after the verb to be): It's her. It isn't her.
- a female: Is the new baby a her or a him?
Taketake (tāk),USA pronunciation v., took, tak•en, tak•ing, n.
- to get into one's hold or possession by voluntary action: to take a cigarette out of a box; to take a pen and begin to write.
- to hold, grasp, or grip: to take a book in one's hand; to take a child by the hand.
- to get into one's hands, possession, control, etc., by force or artifice: to take a bone from a snarling dog.
- to seize or capture: to take an enemy town; to take a prisoner.
- to catch or get (fish, game, etc.), esp. by killing: to take a dozen trout on a good afternoon.
- to pick from a number;
select: Take whichever you wish.
- to receive and accept willingly (something given or offered): to take a compliment with a smile; to take a bribe.
- to receive or be the recipient of (something bestowed, administered, etc.): to take first prize.
- to accept and act upon or comply with: to take advice; to take a dare.
- to receive or accept (a person) into some relation: to take someone in marriage; to take new members once a year.
- to receive, react, or respond to in a specified manner: Although she kept calm, she took his death hard.
- to receive as a payment or charge: He refused to take any money for the use of his car.
- to gain for use by payment, lease, etc.: to take a box at the opera; to take a beach house for a month.
- to secure regularly or periodically by payment: to take a magazine.
- to get or obtain from a source;
derive: The book takes its title from Dante.
- to extract or quote: He took whole passages straight from Dickens.
- to obtain or exact as compensation for some wrong: to take revenge.
- to receive into the body or system, as by swallowing or inhaling: to take a pill; to take a breath of fresh air.
- to have for one's benefit or use: to take a meal; to take a nap; to take a bath.
- to use as a flavoring agent in a food or beverage: to take sugar in one's coffee.
- to be subjected to;
undergo: to take a heat treatment.
- to endure or submit to with equanimity or without an appreciable weakening of one's resistance: to take a joke; unable to take punishment.
- to enter into the enjoyment of (recreation, a holiday, etc.): to take a vacation.
- to carry off without permission: to take something that belongs to another.
- to remove: to take the pins out of one's hair.
- to remove by death: The flood took many families.
- to end (a life): She took her own life.
- to subtract or deduct: If you take 2 from 5, that leaves 3.
- to carry with one: Take your lunch with you. Are you taking an umbrella?
- to convey in a means of transportation: We took them for a ride in the country.
- (of a vehicle) to convey or transport: Will this bus take me across town?
- (of a road, path, etc.) to serve as a means of conducting to or through some place or region: Fifth Avenue took us through the center of town. These stairs will take you up to the attic.
- to bring about a change in the state or condition of: Her ambition and perseverance took her quickly to the top of her field.
- to conduct or escort: to take someone out for dinner.
- to set about or succeed in getting over, through, or around (some obstacle);
negotiate: The horse took the hedge easily. He took the corner at top speed.
- to come upon suddenly;
catch: to take someone by surprise.
- to get or contract;
catch: He took cold over the weekend. I took a chill.
- to attack or affect, as with a disease: suddenly taken with a fit of coughing.
- to be capable of attaining as a result of some action or treatment: Most leathers take a high polish.
- to absorb or become impregnated with;
be susceptible to: Waxed paper will not take ink. This cloth takes dye.
- to attract and hold: The red sweater took his eye. The urgent voice took her attention.
- to captivate or charm: The kitten took my fancy.
- to require: It takes courage to do that. The climb took all our strength.
- to employ for some specified or implied purpose: to take measures to curb drugs.
- to use as a means of transportation: to take a bus to the ferry.
- to get on or board (a means of transportation) at a given time or in a given place: She takes the train at Scarsdale.
- to proceed to occupy: to take a seat.
- to occupy;
fill (time, space, etc.): His hobby takes most of his spare time. The machine takes a lot of room.
- to use up;
consume: This car takes a great deal of oil. He took ten minutes to solve the problem.
- to avail oneself of: He took the opportunity to leave. She took the time to finish it properly.
- to do, perform, execute, etc.: to take a walk.
- to go into or enter: Take the next road to the left.
- to adopt and enter upon (a way, course, etc.): to take the path of least resistance.
- to act or perform: to take the part of the hero.
- to make (a reproduction, picture, or photograph): to take home movies of the children.
- to make a picture, esp. a photograph, of: The photographer took us sitting down.
- to write down: to take a letter in shorthand; to take notes at a lecture.
- to apply oneself to;
study: to take ballet; She took four courses in her freshman year.
- to deal with;
treat: to take things in their proper order.
- to proceed to handle in some manner: to take a matter under consideration.
- to assume or undertake (a function, duty, job, etc.): The mayor took office last month.
- to assume or adopt (a symbol, badge, or the like) as a token of office: to take the veil; to take the throne.
- to assume the obligation of;
be bound by: to take an oath.
- to assume or adopt as one's own: to take someone's part in an argument; He took the side of the speaker.
- to assume or appropriate as if by right: to take credit for someone else's work.
- to accept the burden of: She took the blame for his failure.
- to determine by inquiry, examination, measurement, scientific observation, etc.: to take someone's pulse; to take a census.
- to make or carry out for purposes of yielding such a determination: to take someone's measurements; to take a seismographic reading.
- to begin to have;
experience (a certain feeling or state of mind): to take pride in one's appearance.
- to form and hold in the mind: to take a gloomy view.
- to grasp or apprehend mentally;
comprehend: Do you take my meaning, sir?
- to understand in a specified way: You shouldn't take the remark as an insult.
- to grasp the meaning of (a person): if we take him correctly.
- to accept the statements of: to take him at his word.
- to assume as a fact: I take it that you will be there.
- to regard or consider: They were taken to be wealthy.
- to capture or win (a piece, trick, etc.) in a game.
- to cheat, swindle, or victimize: They really take people in that shop. The museum got taken on that painting.
- to win or obtain money from: He took me for $10 in the poker game.
- (of a man) to have sexual intercourse with.
- to be used with (a certain form, accent, case, mood, etc.): a verb that always takes an object.
- to acquire property, as on the happening of an event: They take a fortune under the will.
- [Baseball.](of a batter) to allow (a pitch) to go by without swinging at it: He took a third strike.
- to catch or engage, as a mechanical device: She turned the key and heard a click as the catch took.
- to strike root or begin to grow, as a plant.
- to adhere, as ink, dye, or color.
- (of a person or thing) to win favor or acceptance: a new TV show that took with the public.
- to have the intended result or effect, as a medicine, inoculation, etc.: The vaccination took.
- to enter into possession, as of an estate.
- to detract (usually fol. by from).
- to apply or devote oneself: He took to his studies.
- to make one's way;
go: to take across the meadow.
- to fall or become: She took sick and had to go home.
- to admit of being photographed in a particular manner: a model who takes exceptionally well.
- to admit of being moved or separated: This crib takes apart for easy storage.
- take after:
- to resemble (another person, as a parent) physically, temperamentally, etc.: The baby took after his mother.
- Also, take off after, take out after. to follow;
chase: The detective took after the burglars.
- take back:
- to regain possession of: to take back one's lawn mower.
- to return, as for exchange: It was defective, so I took it back to the store.
- to allow to return;
resume a relationship with: She said she would never take him back again.
- to cause to remember: It takes one back to the old days.
- to retract: to take back a statement.
- take down:
- to move from a higher to a lower level or place.
- to pull apart or take apart;
- to write down;
- to diminish the pride or arrogance of;
humble: to take someone down a notch or two.
- take for:
- to assume to be: I took it for the truth.
- to assume falsely to be;
mistake for: to be taken for a foreigner.
- take for granted. See grant (def. 6).
- take in:
- to permit to enter;
- to alter (an article of clothing) so as to make smaller.
- to provide lodging for.
- to include;
- to grasp the meaning of;
- to deceive;
- to observe;
- to visit or attend: to take in a show.
- to furl (a sail).
- to receive as proceeds, as from business activity.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to subscribe to: to take in a magazine.
- take it:
- to accept or believe something;
aquiesce: I'll take it on your say-so.
- to be able to resist or endure hardship, abuse, etc.
- to understand: I take it that you're not interested.
- take it out in, to accept as payment for services or as an equivalent of monetary compensation: He takes it out in goods instead of cash.
- take it out of:
- to exhaust;
enervate: Every year the winter takes it out of me.
- to exact payment from;
penalize: They took it out of your pay.
- take it out on, to cause (someone else) to suffer for one's own misfortune or dissatisfaction: Just because you're angry with him you don't have to take it out on me!
- take off:
- to remove: Take off your coat.
- to lead away: The child was taken off by kidnappers.
- to depart;
leave: They took off yesterday for California.
- to leave the ground, as an airplane.
- to move onward or forward with a sudden or intense burst of speed: The police car took off after the drunken driver.
- to withdraw or remove from: She was taken off the night shift.
- to remove by death;
kill: Millions were taken off by the Black Plague.
- to make a likeness or copy of;
- to subtract, as a discount;
deduct: Shop early and we'll take off 20 percent.
- [Informal.]to imitate;
- [Informal.]to achieve sudden, marked growth, success, etc.: Sales took off just before Christmas. The actor's career took off after his role in that movie.
- take on:
- to hire;
- to undertake;
assume: to take on new responsibilities.
- to acquire: The situation begins to take on a new light.
- to accept as a challenge;
contend against: to take on a bully.
- to show great emotion;
become excited: There's no need to take on so.
- take out:
- to withdraw;
remove: to take out a handkerchief.
- to procure by application: to take out an insurance policy.
- to carry out for use or consumption elsewhere: to take a book out of the library; to get food to take out.
- to escort;
invite: He takes out my sister now and then.
- to set out;
start: They took out for the nearest beach.
- to kill;
- take over, to assume management or possession of or responsibility for: The first officer took over the ship when the captain suffered a heart attack.
- take to:
- to devote or apply oneself to;
become habituated to: to take to drink.
- to respond favorably to;
begin to like: They took to each other at once.
- to go to: to take to one's bed.
- to have recourse to;
resort to: She took to getting up at five to go jogging before work.
- take up:
- to occupy oneself with the study or practice of: She took up painting in her spare time.
- to lift or pick up: He took up the fallen leaves with a rake.
- to occupy;
cover: A grand piano would take up half of our living room.
- to consume;
absorb: Traveling to her job takes up a great deal of time.
- to begin to advocate or support;
sponsor: He has taken up another struggling artist.
- to continue;
resume: We took up where we had left off.
- to reply to in order to reprove: The author takes up his critics in the preface of his latest book.
- to assume: He took up the duties of the presidency.
- to absorb: Use a sponge to take up the spilled milk.
- to make shorter, as by hemming: to take up the sleeves an inch.
- to make tighter, as by winding in: to take up the slack in a reel of tape.
- to deal with in discussion: to take up the issue of mass transit.
- to adopt seriously: to take up the idea of seeking public office.
- to accept, as an offer or challenge.
- to buy as much as is offered: The sale was taken up in a matter of days.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to clear by paying off, as a loan.
- [Obs.]to arrest (esp. a runaway slave).
- take up a collection, to ask for or gather donations, usually of money, from a number of people.
- take upon oneself, to assume as a responsibility or obligation: She has taken it upon herself to support the family.
- take up with, to become friendly with;
keep company with: He took up with a bad crowd.
tak′a•ble, take′a•ble, adj.
- the act of taking.
- something that is taken.
- the quantity of fish, game, etc., taken at one time.
- an opinion or assessment: What's your take on the candidate?
- an approach;
treatment: a new take on an old idea.
- money taken in, esp. profits.
- a portion of copy assigned to a Linotype operator or compositor, usually part of a story or article.
- [Motion Pictures.]
- a scene, or a portion of a scene, photographed without any interruption or break.
- an instance of such continuous operation of the camera.
- a visual and mental response to something typically manifested in a stare expressing total absorption or wonderment: She did a slow take on being asked by reporters the same question for the third time.
- a recording of a musical performance.
- a successful inoculation.
- on the take:
- accepting bribes.
- in search of personal profit at the expense of others.
Hi folks, this post is about Ordinary Martin Plumbing Brooklyn #6 Homepolish Designer Pippa Lee Paired Up With Client Jordan Chouteau To Create An Ultra-cool, Uber-minimalist Oasis Where Jordan And Her Husband Could Take A .. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1370 x 1275. This attachment's file size is only 190 KB. Wether You want to save This attachment to Your laptop, you should Click here. You may also download more photos by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Martin Plumbing Brooklyn.
Activities are performed by Ordinary Martin Plumbing Brooklyn #6 Homepolish Designer Pippa Lee Paired Up With Client Jordan Chouteau To Create An Ultra-cool, Uber-minimalist Oasis Where Jordan And Her Husband Could Take A . especially for office workers who accomplish function action at the office. Work seat isn't just like an easy method of rewarding what's needed that really must be possessed by any organization / enterprise organization engaged for the reason that they are doing. Based on the operation or usability couch has in determining the picture of the person within the position and functionality of each an essential function, as an example naturally, of the couch for that director, must be designed as director to his position.
Independent of the characteristics or desires an office seat also generally coordinated together with the colour of workplace interiors and in addition tastes personnel as well as a color that can be spur your determination to work. Do not underestimate select a comfortable office seats since you'll find comfy workplace chair is likely to make you your investment time in the work as well as the results of your work also supports maximum in his function.
It is impossible right, seats for team / employees get the BIG BOS. Besides a level with additional staff later, it also provides impact that is not good for his authority, what he explained later. We might strike a reprimand as well as dismissal. Why must adjusted with Ordinary Martin Plumbing Brooklyn #6 Homepolish Designer Pippa Lee Paired Up With Client Jordan Chouteau To Create An Ultra-cool, Uber-minimalist Oasis Where Jordan And Her Husband Could Take A . in line with purpose or the place? It is necessary in control to make it seem qualified and have specialist.