Each Of These Is A Hand Built, Unique Creation From Machine Age Lamp Company. They're Pretty Pricey, But Very Cool. I Feel Inspired To Make One. ( Machine Age Lamp Company #1)
Each Of These Is A Hand Built, Unique Creation From Machine Age Lamp Company. They're Pretty Pricey, But Very Cool. I Feel Inspired To Make One. ( Machine Age Lamp Company #1) Pictures Gallery
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Handhand (hand),USA pronunciation n.
- the terminal, prehensile part of the upper limb in humans and other primates, consisting of the wrist, metacarpal area, fingers, and thumb.
- the corresponding part of the forelimb in any of the higher vertebrates.
- a terminal prehensile part, as the chela of a crustacean, or, in falconry, the foot of a falcon.
- something resembling a hand in shape or function, as various types of pointers: the hands of a clock.
- index (def. 8).
- a person employed in manual labor or for general duties;
laborer: a factory hand; a ranch hand.
- a person who performs or is capable of performing a specific work, skill, or action: a real hand at geometry.
characteristic touch: a painting that shows a master's hand.
- a person, with reference to ability or skill: He was a poor hand at running a business.
- a member of a ship's crew: All hands on deck!
- Often, hands. possession or power;
control, custody, or care: to have someone's fate in one's hands.
- a position, esp. one of control, used for bargaining, negotiating, etc.: an action to strengthen one's hand.
- means, agency;
instrumentality: death by his own hand.
active participation or cooperation: Give me a hand with this ladder.
direction: no traffic on either hand of the road.
- style of handwriting;
penmanship: She wrote in a beautiful hand.
- a person's signature: to set one's hand to a document.
- a round or outburst of applause for a performer: to get a hand.
- a promise or pledge, as of marriage: He asked for her hand in marriage.
- a linear measure equal to 4 inches (10.2 centimeters), used esp. in determining the height of horses.
- the cards dealt to or held by each player at one time.
- the person holding the cards.
- a single part of a game, in which all the cards dealt at one time are played.
- [Roman Law.]manus (def. 2).
- hands, [Manège.]skill at manipulating the reins of a horse: To ride well, one must have good hands.
- a bunch, cluster, or bundle of various leaves, fruit, etc., as a bundle of tobacco leaves tied together or a cluster of bananas.
- [Mach.]the deviation of a thread or tooth from the axial direction of a screw or gear, as seen from one end looking away toward the other.
- the position of the hinges of a door, in terms of right and left, as seen from outside the building, room, closet, etc., to which the doorway leads.
- the position of the hinges of a casement sash, in terms of right and left, from inside the window.
- Also called handle. the fabric properties that can be sensed by touching the material, as resilience, smoothness, or body: the smooth hand of satin.
- [Archaic.]a person considered as a source, as of information or of supply.
- at first hand, firsthand (def. 1).
- at hand:
- within reach;
- near in time;
- ready for use: We keep a supply of canned goods at hand.
- at second hand, See second hand (def. 3).
- at the hand or hands of, by the action of;
through the agency of: They suffered at the hands of their stepfather.
- by hand, by using the hands, as opposed to machines;
manually: lace made by hand.
- change hands, to pass from one owner to another;
change possession: The property has changed hands several times in recent years.
- come to hand:
- to come within one's reach or notice.
- to be received;
arrive: The spring stock came to hand last week.
- eat out of one's hand, to be totally submissive to another;
be very attentive or servile: That spoiled brat has her parents eating out of her hand.
- force one's hand, to prompt a person to take immediate action or to reveal his or her intentions: The criticism forced the governor's hand so that he had to declare his support of the tax bill.
- from hand to hand, from one person to another;
through successive ownership or possession: The legendary jewel went from hand to hand.
- from hand to mouth, improvidently;
with nothing in reserve: They looked forward to a time when they would no longer have to live from hand to mouth.
- give one's hand on or upon, to give one's word;
seal a bargain by or as if by shaking hands: He said the goods would be delivered within a month and gave them his hand on it.
- hand and foot:
- so as to hinder movement: They tied him hand and foot.
- slavishly and continually: Cinderella had to wait on her stepsisters hand and foot.
- hand and glove, very intimately associated: Several high-ranking diplomats were found to be hand and glove with enemy agents.Also, hand in glove.
- hand in hand:
- with one's hand enclasped in that of another person.
- closely associated;
conjointly: Doctors and nurses work hand in hand to save lives.
- hand over fist, speedily;
increasingly: He owns a chain of restaurants and makes money hand over fist.
- hands down:
easily: He won the championship hands down.
incontestably: It was hands down the best race I've ever seen.
- hands off! don't touch, strike, or interfere! keep away from!: Hands off my stereo!
- hands up! hold your hands above your head! give up!
- hand to hand, in direct combat;
at close quarters: The troops fought hand to hand.
- have a hand in, to have a share in;
participate in: It is impossible that she could have had a hand in this notorious crime.
- have one's hands full, to have a large or excessive amount of work to handle;
be constantly busy: The personnel department has its hands full trying to process the growing number of applications.
- hold hands, to join hands with another person as a token of affection: They have been seen holding hands in public.
- in hand:
- under control: He kept the situation well in hand.
- in one's possession: cash in hand.
- in the process of consideration or settlement: regarding the matter in hand.
- join hands, to unite in a common cause;
combine: The democracies must join hands in order to survive.
- keep one's hand in, to continue to practice: He turned the business over to his sons, but he keeps his hand in it. I just play enough golf to keep my hand in.
- lay one's hands on:
- to obtain;
acquire: I wish I could lay my hands on a good used piano.
- to seize, esp. in order to punish: He wanted to lay his hands on the person who had backed into his car.
- to impose the hands in a ceremonial fashion, as in ordination: The bishop laid hands on the candidates.
- lend or give a hand, to lend assistance;
help out: Lend a hand and we'll finish the job in no time.
- lift a hand, to exert any effort: She wouldn't lift a hand to help anyone.Also, lift a finger.
- off one's hands:
- out of one's charge or care: Now, with their children grown and off their hands, they will be free to travel.
- successfully completed;
finished: The lawyer planned a vacation as soon as the case was off his hands.
- on all hands:
- by everyone;
universally: It was decided on all hands to take an excursion.
- on every side;
all around: piercing glances on all hands.Also, on every hand.
- on hand:
- in one's possession;
at one's disposal: cash on hand.
- about to occur;
imminent: A change of government may be on hand.
- present: There were not enough members on hand to constitute a quorum.
- on or upon one's hands, under one's care or management;
as one's responsibility: He was left with a large surplus on his hands.
- on the other hand, from another side or aspect;
conversely: Itwas an unfortunate experience, but, on the other hand, one can learn from one's mistakes.
- out of hand:
- beyond control: to let one's temper get out of hand.
- without delay;
at once: The crisis obliged him to act out of hand.
- no longer in process;
finished: The case has been out of hand for some time.
- without consideration or deliberation: to reject a proposal out of hand.
- shake hands, to clasp another's hand in greeting, congratulation, or agreement: They shook hands on the proposed partnership.
- show one's hand, to disclose or display one's true intentions or motives: The impending revolution forced him to show his hand.
- sit on one's hands:
- to be unenthusiastic or unappreciative;
fail to applaud: It was a lively show, but the audience sat on its hands.
- to take no action;
be passive or hesitant: While he was being beaten, the others sat on their hands.
- take a hand in, to take part in;
participate in: If the strike continues, the government will have to take a hand in the negotiations.
- take in hand:
- to undertake responsibility for;
assume charge: When both parents died, an uncle took the youngster in hand.
- to deal with;
treat of: We'll take the matter in hand at the next meeting.
- throw up one's hands, to admit one's inadequacy, exasperation, or failure;
despair: When the general received reports of an enemy build-up, he threw up his hands.
- tie one's hands, to render one powerless to act;
thwart: The provisions of the will tied his hands.Also, have one's hands tied.
- tip one's hand, to reveal one's plans or intentions before the propitious time.
- to hand:
- within reach;
accessible or nearby.
- into one's possession: A search of the attic brought some valuable antiques to hand.
- try one's hand (at), to test one's skill or aptitude for: After becoming a successful painter, he decided to try his hand at sculpture.
- turn or put one's hand to, to set to work at;
busy oneself with: He turned his hand successfully to gardening.
- wash one's hands of, to disclaim any further responsibility for;
renounce interest in or support of: I washed my hands of the entire affair.
- with a heavy hand:
- with severity;
oppressively: The law will punish offenders with a heavy hand.
- in a clumsy manner;
gracelessly: The play was directed with a heavy hand.
- with a high hand, in an arrogant or dictatorial manner;
arbitrarily: He ran the organization with a high hand.
- to deliver or pass with or as if with the hand.
- to help, assist, guide, etc., with the hand: He handed the elderly woman across the street.
- to take in or furl (a sail).
- to haul on or otherwise handle.
- hand down:
- to deliver (the decision of a court): The jury handed down a verdict of guilty.
- to transmit from one to another, esp. to bequeath to posterity: The ring had been handed down from her grandmother.
- hand in, to submit;
present for acceptance: She handed in her term paper after the deadline.
- hand in one's checks, [Chiefly Brit.]See cash (def. 7).
- hand it to, [Informal.]to give just credit to;
pay respect to: You have to hand it to her for getting the work out.
- hand off, [Football.]to hand the ball to a member of one's team in the course of a play.
- hand on, to transmit;
pass on to a successor, posterity, etc.: The silver service was handed on to the eldest daughter of the family.
- hand out, to give or distribute;
pass out: People were handing out leaflets on every corner.
- hand over:
- to deliver into the custody of another.
- to surrender control of: He handed over his business to his children.
- of, belonging to, using, or used by the hand.
- made by hand.
- carried in or worn on the hand.
- operated by hand;
Fromfrom (frum, from; unstressed frəm),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to specify a starting point in spatial movement): a train running west from Chicago.
- (used to specify a starting point in an expression of limits): The number of stores will be increased from 25 to 30.
- (used to express removal or separation, as in space, time, or order): two miles from shore; 30 minutes from now; from one page to the next.
- (used to express discrimination or distinction): to be excluded from membership; to differ from one's father.
- (used to indicate source or origin): to come from the Midwest; to take a pencil from one's pocket.
- (used to indicate agent or instrumentality): death from starvation.
- (used to indicate cause or reason): From the evidence, he must be guilty.
Machinema•chine (mə shēn′),USA pronunciation n., v., -chined, -chin•ing.
- an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
- a mechanical apparatus or contrivance;
- a device that transmits or modifies force or motion.
- Also called simple machine. any of six or more elementary mechanisms, as the lever, wheel and axle, pulley, screw, wedge, and inclined plane.
- Also called complex machine. a combination of simple machines.
- [Older Use.]
- an automobile or airplane.
- a typewriter.
- a bicycle or motorcycle.
- a vending machine: a cigarette machine.
- any complex agency or operating system: the machine of government.
- an organized group of persons that conducts or controls the activities of a political party or organization: He heads the Democratic machine in our city.
- a person or thing that acts in a mechanical or automatic manner: Routine work had turned her into a machine.
- any of various contrivances, esp. those formerly used in theater, for producing stage effects
- some agency, personage, incident or other feature introduced for effect into a literary composition.
- to make, prepare, or finish with a machine or with machine tools.
Ageage (āj),USA pronunciation n., v., aged, ag•ing or age•ing.
- the length of time during which a being or thing has existed;
length of life or existence to the time spoken of or referred to: trees of unknown age; His age is 20 years.
- a period of human life, measured by years from birth, usually marked by a certain stage or degree of mental or physical development and involving legal responsibility and capacity: the age of discretion; the age of consent; The state raised the drinking age from 18 to 21 years.
- the particular period of life at which a person becomes naturally or conventionally qualified or disqualified for anything: He was over age for military duty.
- one of the periods or stages of human life: a person of middle age.
- advanced years;
old age: His eyes were dim with age.
- a particular period of history, as distinguished from others;
a historical epoch: the age of Pericles; the Stone Age; the age of electronic communications.
- the period of history contemporary with the span of an individual's life: He was the most famous architect of the age.
- a generation or a series of generations: ages yet unborn.
- a great length of time: I haven't seen you for an age. He's been gone for ages.
- the average life expectancy of an individual or of the individuals of a class or species: The age of a horse is from 25 to 30 years.
- the level of mental, emotional, or educational development of a person, esp. a child, as determined by various tests and based on a comparison of the individual's score with the average score for persons of the same chronological age.
- a period of the history of the earth distinguished by some special feature: the Ice Age.
- a unit of geological time, shorter than an epoch, during which the rocks comprising a stage were formed.
- any of the successive periods in human history divided, according to Hesiod, into the golden, silver, bronze, heroic, and iron ages.
- [Poker.]the first player at the dealer's left. Cf. edge (def. 10a).
- See eldest hand.
- of age:
- being any of several ages, usually 21 or 18, at which certain legal rights, as voting or marriage, are acquired.
- being old enough for full legal rights and responsibilities.
- to grow old: He is aging rapidly.
- to mature, as wine, cheese, or wood: a heavy port that ages slowly.
- to make old;
cause to grow or seem old: Fear aged him overnight.
- to bring to maturity or a state fit for use: to age wine.
- to store (a permanent magnet, a capacitor, or other similar device) so that its electrical or magnetic characteristics become constant.
Lamplamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Inspiredin•spired (in spīərd′),USA pronunciation adj.
- aroused, animated, or imbued with the spirit to do something, by or as if by supernatural or divine influence: an inspired poet.
- resulting from such inspiration: an inspired poem; an inspired plan.
- inhaled: inspired air.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Makemake1 (māk),USA pronunciation v., made, mak•ing, n.
- to bring into existence by shaping or changing material, combining parts, etc.: to make a dress; to make a channel; to make a work of art.
- to produce;
cause to exist or happen;
bring about: to make trouble; to make war.
- to cause to be or become;
render: to make someone happy.
- to appoint or name: The President made her his special envoy.
- to put in the proper condition or state, as for use;
prepare: to make a bed; to make dinner.
- to bring into a certain form: to make bricks out of clay.
- to convert from one state, condition, category, etc., to another: to make a virtue of one's vices.
- to cause, induce, or compel: to make a horse jump a barrier.
- to give rise to;
occasion: It's not worth making a fuss over such a trifle.
- to produce, earn, or win for oneself: to make a good salary; to make one's fortune in oil.
- to write or compose: to make a short poem for the occasion.
- to draw up, as a legal document;
draft: to make a will.
- to do;
effect: to make a bargain.
- to establish or enact;
put into existence: to make laws.
- to become by development;
prove to be: You'll make a good lawyer.
- to form in the mind, as a judgment or estimate: to make a decision.
- to judge or interpret, as to the truth, nature, meaning, etc. (often fol. by of ): What do you make of it?
- to estimate;
reckon: to make the distance at ten miles.
- to bring together separate parts so as to produce a whole;
form: to make a matched set.
- to amount to;
bring up the total to: Two plus two makes four. That makes an even dozen.
- to serve as: to make good reading.
- to be sufficient to constitute: One story does not make a writer.
- to be adequate or suitable for: This wool will make a warm sweater.
- to assure the success or fortune of: a deal that could make or break him; Seeing her made my day.
- to deliver, utter, or put forth: to make a stirring speech.
- to go or travel at a particular speed: to make 60 miles an hour.
- to arrive at or reach;
attain: The ship made port on Friday. Do you think he'll make 80?
- to arrive in time for: to make the first show.
- to arrive in time to be a passenger on (a plane, boat, bus, train, etc.): If you hurry, you can make the next flight.
- to gain or acquire a position within: He made the big time.
- to receive mention or appear in or on: The robbery made the front page.
- to gain recognition or honor by winning a place or being chosen for inclusion in or on: The novel made the bestseller list. He made the all-American team three years in a row.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to name (the trump).
- to take a trick with (a card).
- [Bridge.]to fulfill or achieve (a contract or bid).
- to shuffle (the cards).
- to earn, as a score: The team made 40 points in the first half.
- (esp. in police and underworld use)
- to recognize or identify: Any cop in town will make you as soon as you walk down the street.
- to charge or cause to be charged with a crime: The police expect to make a couple of suspects soon.
- to close (an electric circuit).
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]to plant and cultivate or produce (a crop): He makes some of the best corn in the country.
- to cause oneself, or something understood, to be as specified: to make sure.
- to show oneself to be or seem in action or behavior (usually fol. by an adjective): to make merry.
- to be made, as specified: This fabric makes up into beautiful drapes.
- to move or proceed in a particular direction: They made after the thief.
- to rise, as the tide or water in a ship.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of a crop) to grow, develop, or mature: It looks like the corn's going to make pretty good this year.
- make a play for, to try to get: He made a play for his brother's girlfriend. They made a play for control of the company's stock.
- make as if or as though, [Informal.]to act as if;
pretend: We will make as if to leave, then come back and surprise him.
- make away with:
- to steal: The clerk made away with the cash and checks.
- to destroy;
kill: He made away with his enemies.
- to get rid of.
- to consume, drink, or eat completely: The boys made away with the contents of the refrigerator.
- make believe, to pretend;
imagine: The little girl dressed in a sheet and made believe she was a ghost.
- make bold or so bold, to have the temerity;
be so rash;
dare: May I make so bold as to suggest that you stand when they enter?
- make book, [Slang.]
- to take bets and give odds.
- to make a business of this.
- make colors, to hoist an ensign, as on board a warship.
- make do, to function, manage, or operate, usually on a deprivation level with minimal requirements: During the war we had no butter or coffee, so we had to make do without them.
- make down, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to rain or snow: It's making down hard.
- make fast, [Chiefly Naut.]to fasten or secure.
- make for:
- to go toward;
approach: to make for home.
- to lunge at;
- to help to promote or maintain: This incident will not make for better understanding between the warring factions.
- make good:
- to provide restitution or reparation for: The bank teller made good the shortage and was given a light sentence.
- to succeed: Talent and training are necessary to make good in some fields.
- to fulfill: He made good on his promise.
- [Navig.]to compute (a course) allowing for leeway and compass deviation.
- make heavy weather:
- to roll and pitch in heavy seas.
- to progress laboriously;
struggle, esp. to struggle needlessly: I am making heavy weather with my income tax return.
- make it:
- to achieve a specific goal: to make it to the train; to make it through college.
- to succeed in general: He'll never make it in business.
- to have sexual intercourse.
- make it so, strike the ship's bell accordingly: said by the officer of the watch when the hour is announced.
- make like, [Informal.]to try or pretend to be like;
imitate: I'm going to go out and make like a gardener.
- make off:
- to run away;
depart hastily: The only witness to the accident made off before the police arrived.
- [Naut.]to stand off from a coast, esp. a lee shore.
- make off with, to carry away;
steal: While the family was away, thieves made off with most of their valuables.
- make on, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn on, light, or ignite (esp. a light or fire): Make the light on.
- make one's manners, [Southern U.S.]
- to perform an appropriate or expected social courtesy.
- [Older Use.]to bow or curtsy.
- make out:
- to write out or complete, as a bill or check.
- to establish;
- to decipher;
- to imply, suggest, or impute: He made me out to be a liar.
- to manage;
succeed: How are you making out in your new job?
- to engage in kissing and caressing;
- to have sexual intercourse.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn off or extinguish (esp. a light or fire): Make the light out.
- make over:
- to remodel;
alter: to make over a dress; to make over a page layout.
- to transfer the title of (property);
convey: After she retired she made over her property to her children and moved to Florida.
- make sail, [Naut.]
- to set sails.
- to brace the yards of a ship that has been hove to in order to make headway.
- make shut, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to close: Make the door shut.
- make time. See time (def. 42).
- make up:
- (of parts) to constitute;
- to put together;
- to concoct;
- Also, make up for. to compensate for;
- to complete.
- to put in order;
arrange: The maid will make up the room.
- to conclude;
- to settle amicably, as differences.
- to become reconciled, as after a quarrel.
- [Print.]to arrange set type, illustrations, etc., into columns or pages.
- to dress in appropriate costume and apply cosmetics for a part on the stage.
- to apply cosmetics.
- to adjust or balance, as accounts;
prepare, as statements.
- to repeat (a course or examination that one has failed).
- to take an examination that one had been unable to take when first given, usually because of absence.
- to specify and indicate the layout or arrangement of (columns, pages, etc., of matter to be printed).
- Atlantic States. (of the weather or clouds) to develop or gather: It's making up for a storm.
- Atlantic States. (of the sea) to become turbulent: If the sea makes up, row toward land.
- make up to:
- to try to become friendly with;
- to make advances to;
flirt with: He makes up to every new woman in the office.
- make water:
- to urinate.
- (of a hull) to leak.
- make with:
- to operate;
use: Let's make with the feet.
- to bring about;
provide or produce: He makes with the big ideas, but can't follow through.
- the style or manner in which something is made;
- production with reference to the maker;
brand: our own make.
- the act or process of making.
- quantity made;
- [Cards.]the act of naming the trump, or the suit named as trump.
- [Elect.]the closing of an electric circuit.
- the excellence of a polished diamond with regard to proportion, symmetry, and finish.
- identifying information about a person or thing from police records: He radioed headquarters for a make on the car's license plate.
- on the make:
- seeking to improve one's social or financial position, usually at the expense of others or of principle.
- seeking amorous or sexual relations: The park was swarming with sailors on the make.
- put the make on, [Slang.]to make sexual overtures to.
Howdy peoples, this blog post is about Each Of These Is A Hand Built, Unique Creation From Machine Age Lamp Company. They're Pretty Pricey, But Very Cool. I Feel Inspired To Make One. ( Machine Age Lamp Company #1). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 899 x 1376. This post's file size is only 204 KB. Wether You want to save It to Your computer, you could Click here. You could also download more attachments by clicking the photo below or read more at this post: Machine Age Lamp Company.
Each Of These Is A Hand Built, Unique Creation From Machine Age Lamp Company. They're Pretty Pricey, But Very Cool. I Feel Inspired To Make One. ( Machine Age Lamp Company #1) Set are not for all, but then you really like contemporary rooms, when you have an admiration of the fine wrinkles in architecture and craft. Now, you probably don't understand how to produce the right contemporary bedroom agreement and you may believe it is a thing that the custom superstars are responsible for, nevertheless, you can also feel it using a little buying, at home carefully.
the furniture is clean and clear indesign and rather, the bed room models are contemporary and is usually a signature cut that can sometimes survive by itself or work with others. As this will be the biggest market of your bedroom museum exhibit you need to start yourself, with the sleep.
Most of the time, you must think about today's bedroom collection like producing your room just like a memorial. The modern bedroom and bedroom set enables you to create a modern art gallery inside your room. Remember, while in the form of modern furniture following the function, the parts are obviously able to do their work, nevertheless the emotion of the gallery comes in the truth that they lack the style decorations.