Loss Of Father Quotes ( Loss Of Father Words Of Comfort #8)
Lossloss (lôs, los),USA pronunciation n.
- detriment, disadvantage, or deprivation from failure to keep, have, or get: to bear the loss of a robbery.
- something that is lost: The painting was the greatest loss from the robbery.
- an amount or number lost: The loss of life increased each day.
- the state of being deprived of or of being without something that one has had: the loss of old friends.
- death, or the fact of being dead: to mourn the loss of a grandparent.
- the accidental or inadvertent losing of something dropped, misplaced, stolen, etc.: to discover the loss of a document.
- a losing by defeat;
failure to win: the loss of a bet.
- failure to make good use of something, as time;
- failure to preserve or maintain: loss of engine speed at high altitudes.
- destruction or ruin: the loss of a ship by fire.
- a thing or a number of related things that are lost or destroyed to some extent: Most buildings in the burned district were a total loss.
- the losing of soldiers by death, capture, etc.
- Often, losses. the number of soldiers so lost.
- [Insurance.]occurrence of an event, as death or damage of property, for which the insurer makes indemnity under the terms of a policy.
- a measure of the power lost in a system, as by conversion to heat, expressed as a relation between power input and power output, as the ratio of or difference between the two quantities.
- at a loss:
- at less than cost;
at a financial loss.
- in a state of bewilderment or uncertainty;
perplexed: We are completely at a loss for an answer to the problem.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Fatherfa•ther (fä′ᵺər),USA pronunciation n.
- a male parent.
- a father-in-law, stepfather, or adoptive father.
- any male ancestor, esp. the founder of a race, family, or line;
- a man who exercises paternal care over other persons;
paternal protector or provider: a father to the poor.
- a person who has originated or established something: the father of modern psychology; the founding fathers.
- a precursor, prototype, or early form: The horseless carriage was the father of the modern automobile.
- one of the leading men in a city, town, etc.: a scandal involving several of the city fathers.
- [Chiefly Brit.]the oldest member of a society, profession, etc. Cf. dean1 (def. 3).
- a priest.
- (cap.) [Theol.]the Supreme Being and Creator;
- a title of respect for an elderly man.
- the Father, [Theol.]the first person of the Trinity.
- Also called church father. Ch. Hist. any of the chief early Christian writers, whose works are the main sources for the history, doctrines, and observances of the church in the early ages.
- (often cap.) a title of reverence, as for church dignitaries, officers of monasteries, monks, confessors, and esp. priests.
- a person bearing this title.
- fathers, [Rom. Hist.]See conscript fathers.
- to beget.
- to be the creator, founder, or author of;
- to act as a father toward.
- to acknowledge oneself the father of.
- to assume as one's own;
take the responsibility of.
- to charge with the begetting of.
- to perform the tasks or duties of a male parent;
act paternally: Somehow he was able to write a book while fathering.
Quotesquote (kwōt),USA pronunciation v., quot•ed, quot•ing, n.
- to repeat (a passage, phrase, etc.) from a book, speech, or the like, as by way of authority, illustration, etc.
- to repeat words from (a book, author, etc.).
- to use a brief excerpt from: The composer quotes Beethoven's Fifth in his latest work.
- to cite, offer, or bring forward as evidence or support.
- to enclose (words) within quotation marks.
- to state (a price).
- to state the current price of.
- to make a quotation or quotations, as from a book or author.
- (used by a speaker to indicate the beginning of a quotation.)
- quote unquote, so called;
so to speak;
as it were: If you're a liberal, quote unquote, they're suspicious of you.
- a quotation.
- See quotation mark.
Hello , this image is about Loss Of Father Quotes ( Loss Of Father Words Of Comfort #8). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1004 x 753. It's file size is only 130 KB. Wether You ought to download This image to Your PC, you should Click here. You might also see more pictures by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Loss Of Father Words Of Comfort.
This table is sold with metallic or natural coloring for example dull, bright or dark. Chairs are used not too much and too basic with all 3 seats' amount. This table is only used for eating alone and speaking because the dimension isn't too-large. Supplies employed ie metal.
Tabletops also larger such that it can be used to put fruits items including spoons, discs, etc. Seats used to be lean having a rounded or square feet are slim and little in order to steer clear of the effect of rigidity while in the home.
The Loss Of Father Quotes ( Loss Of Father Words Of Comfort #8) ideal for natural sort of home space. This natural table features a square shape that's thicker than lumber or MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) so that you can create a more natural feeling. This desk combines natural hues like brown.